• Employment Equity and Skills Development Forum (IEESDF)
NOTICE TO ALL EMPLOYEES (ACADEMIC AND SUPPORT STAFF) OF THE NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY TO ELECT MEMBERS TO SERVE ON THE NWU EESDF (Employment Equity and Skills Development Forum)
In accordance with the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998, the NWU is required to consult on matters regarding Employment Equity, to achieve employment equity targets and to implement affirmative action measures for people from designated groups, through among the implementation and monitoring of the NWU Employment Equity Plan.
Employees of the North-West University are invited to elect one member from the Non-Union representative groups in terms of Chapter 3, Section (16)1 (a) & (b) of the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998.
Employees of the NWU are hereby invited to elect 1 member from the Non-Union representative groups to be elected to serve, on the Employment Equity and Skills Development Forum (“EESDF”) for a period of three years.
Nominations closed on Friday, 30 November 2018 at 17:00.
Two valid nominations were received as follows (in alphabetical order):
Kunene, S Dr Curriculum Vitae
Njovane, Z Mr Curriculum Vitae
Click here to vote electronically.
You are kindly requested to vote electronically for your preferred EESDF member by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 22 February 2019.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Employees of the NWU are hereby invited to nominate 1 member for each of the categories from the following groups to be elected to serve, on the Employment Equity and Skills Development Forum (“EESDF”) for a period of three years.
- People with disabilities
- Non- designated groups (White male)
The following procedure will be applied:
- Nominations must be made on the relevant nomination form
- Every nomination must be signed by a proposer and the nominee for acceptance.
- Written nominations in the format provided can be submitted to the office of the Secretariat: Room G10, Building C13, Potchefstroom or via email at Sarina.Arendse@nwu.ac.za from
8 February until 22 February 2019 at 16:00.
- No late or incomplete nominations will be accepted.
- A recent, abridged CV of the nominee must be included (maximum one A4 page, 1. 5 spacing) as well as a short motivation why the candidate is suitable for nomination.
Prof Mala Singh
Executive Director: People and Culture