American High School diploma
The NWU recognises the USA High School Graduation diploma. To obtain a certificate of foreign conditional exemption from the SAMB, a candidate requires the High School Graduation diploma accompanied by a certificate of eligibility for admission to study at any US university with a valid senior college accreditation issued by any of the following accreditation bodies:
- ACICS (Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools);
- DETC (Distance Education and Training Council);
- MSA (Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools);
- NASC (Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges);
- NCA – CASI (North Central Association - Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement);
- NEASC – CIHE; New England Association of Schools and Colleges - Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- SACS – CC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges); and
- WASC – Sr (Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities).
Candidates unable to submit letters of eligibility to study for degree purposes at an appropriately accredited US university must submit:
- SAT I score of 1050 with subminimum score of 500 for the verbal and mathematics sections;
- English and either Physics and / or Chemistry with a subminimum score of 500 for the English and Physics/Chemistry sections.
A new SAT score of 1600 with a sub-minimum of 550 for Critical Reading, 500 for Mathematics and 500 for the writing section.
North-West University Disclaimer:
Please be aware that the information supplied on this page is for general information purposes only. More precise details can be obtained by going to the official SADHA website (South African Department of Home Affairs). Requirements for studying in South Africa are subject to change and each application is treated as an individual case. Please ensure that you make the necessary inquiries well in advance, before travelling to South Africa.