Nomination of outstanding NWU Alumni for Biennial Alumni Excellence Awards 2021
It is that time again for you to nominate NWU Alumni who boast distinguished accomplishments or have made exemplary contributions to society.
The deadline for submissions is 10 June 2021. Please click here for the Biennial Alumni Excellence Awards Nomination Form - 2021
Three kinds of awards will be made:
1.NWU Lifetime Achievement Award
This award does not require nominations. The Executive Committee of Convocation decides and award person(s) who are considered deserving of the award.
This award is given to candidates/person(s) who have demonstrated exceptional and meritorious service to society and whose extraordinary achievements – personally and professionally – make them inspirational role models for the future.
2.NWU Alumni Award of Excellence
Nominations can be made in ONE of the following 7 categories:
Research, Education, Community Involvement, Business Leadership, Arts & Culture, Sport, Public Service
To qualify for this award, alumni must:
- Have obtained a degree or a diploma at the NWU
- Achieved distinguished personal and professional accomplishments
- Made exemplary contribution to society or community
- Shown significant leadership in one or more of the above-mentioned areas; and
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment and support to the NWU
3.Young NWU Alumni Award
Nominations for this award are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Alumni must have obtained a degree or a diploma from the NWU
- Demonstrated excellence in their career(s) and have shown potential for continued success
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements
- Demonstrated leadership and responsibility within their organisation(s), business(es) or field of work
- Received recognition for their professional contribution(s)
- Serves as an outstanding young role model for current and future NWU students; and
- Nominees must be 35 years old or younger
Current members of the NWU’s Council, the executive committee of the Convocation, as well as the University Management Committee, may not be nominated for the awards.
This is how it is done:
Office-bearers of the NWU, alumni, permanent staff members, members of Council and the Board of Donors may submit nominations for an Alumni Award.
Nominations can be submitted electronically. The closing date for submissions is 10 June 2021.
Please note that nomination form cannot be saved for completion at a later stage.
The award recipients will be announced at the awards event in October 2021.
Please direct any enquiries for more information about the awards or nomination process to Mrs Nicolize van der Walt at 018 285 2594.