The public are hereby invited to attend 2019’s National Science Week as hosted by the North-West University Potchefstroom Campus’ Science Centre. The National Science Week is proudly sponsored by the NRF and SAASTA.
This year’s theme is “Facing the harsh realities of Climate Change”.
Public lectures and demonstrations will take place on the following dates at the allocated venues:
Selected schools in Dr. Kenneth –Kaunda district will attend the following activities, which will be presented on the lawn area in front the Library and Lover’s Lane:
- Measuring rainfall in the Municipality.
- Temperature trends in JB Marks.
- The impacts that waste may have on the environment, including climate change.
- Aquatic Sciences-Fascinating biodiversity of freshwater ecosystems.
- Aquatic Sciences-Beauty of Aquatic Life.
- Map glacier Recession-Glaciers and climate change.
- SA Frog diversity, identification and citizen science.
The following activities will be presented at the Science Centre (Building F24):
- Career Guidance for Grade 9 learners from 29 July – 2 August 2019.
- Visit to the Science Centre-explore hands-on exhibits from 29 July – 3 August 2019.
- Mathematics Symposium for Educators-Modelling for Robust Understanding on 3 August 2019. Bookings Required-first 80 registrations will be accepted. E-mail to Zelda.Friesling@nwu.ac.za.
All are welcome. No entry fee will be charged.
Ashleigh Pieterse / 018 299 2711