Hosted by Prof Olubukola O. Babalola Director Food Security and Safety Niche Area, North-West University in collaboration with Prof. Gwyn A. Beattie & Prof. Larry J. Halverson of Iowa State University, USA.
October 13th, 16th & 17th 2017
Research is one of the principal functions of any university community. The NWU expects researchers to be honest and ethical in the conduct of their research and transfer of knowledge to others. Thus, the University seeks to pursue and promote an environment in which high standards of personal conduct and research ethics are encouraged and expected from researchers and students; which is opposed to academic misconduct. To this end, the highest ethical standards of excellence and ethical conduct in all research activities should be promoted, hence the need to organise this workshop on responsible conduct of research and laboratory practices
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- Promote efficient and transparent laboratory management practices.
- Promote professionalism in the work place and a healthy work/life balance
- Prepare participants mind-set on lean operating procedures
- Promote an academic environment conducive to effective research
- Foster ethical problem-solving skills
- Prof Olubukola O. Babalola (NWU)
- Prof Larry J. Halverson, Iowa State University (USA)
- Prof Gwyn A. Beattie, Iowa State University (USA)
Who should attend
The workshop is open to postdocs, postgraduate & honours students, laboratory managers and technicians within and outside of the NWU.
Interested parties should complete the online registration form before 1st October 2017.
- Prof O.O. Babalola
- Tel: 018 389 2568