NWU Career Centre: Services to employers
Other services to Employers
The NWU Career Centre also offers the following services to your company.
Employers using the services of the North-West University Career Centre can expect :
• Staff who are professional, courteous, helpful and in tune with your needs as an employer;
• An efficient response to enquiries and requests;
• Detailed information on what the Career Centre can provide the employer.
The Career Centre has a limited number of interview rooms available to employers for on-campus interviews of North-West University students. Interview rooms may be requested for the following time periods:
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 17:00
We encourage you to complete the Interview Room Request Form and to submit your request far in advance as space is scheduled on a first come, first served basis. A Career Centre representative will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible to confirm availability.
The Career Centre provides the following information on each campus:
• Employer Brochures (please send us your company brochure or pamphlet for distribution to our students);
• Information about regular recruiters, which are accessible to students and to which students are directed through vacancy notices;
• DVD’s and CD-ROMs on interview techniques, networking, writing a CV, to which students will have access.
The Employer Liaison Officer is available to meet employers to discuss the full range of services the Career Centre can provide according to their individual needs. The Employer Liaison Section provides a central source of advice and guidance to employers. Find out about Career Fairs, Employer presentations, Recruiting students from the North-West University.
Manager: NWU Career Centre
Office: +27 (0) 18 299 2058
Fax: +27 (0) 18 299 2019
Cell: +27 (0) 82 610 5080
The Career Centre encourages employers and Alumni to provide case-studies and/or discuss career opportunities with the Career Centre.
On request, the Career Centre will put employers in contact with the relevant departments in this regard.
Updated by Alta van den Berg on 29 July 2010.