NWU Career Centre: Services to students
Career Centre Library
Use the Career Centre Resources on your campus to access information you need to answer all your career-related questions. For one-on-one help with any resource or for personalized recommendations just for you, visit the Career Centre Liaison Officer on your campus.
• Career planning - Occupational descriptions and trends
• Job searching – Your job search strategy, How to write your CV, How to write a cover letter, What employers want
• Employers - Professional institutes/associations, Current job postings, Literature on specific organizations, Lists of the best employers.
Find information about Careers by following the links:
• Occupational Handbook from UYF
• Occupational Outlook Handbook (US Department of labour)
• What can I do with this major?
• Alberta Occupational Profiles
• Career Information System – Click on "Quick Start"
• Prospects: the UK's official graduate careers website
Learn how to choose the career that is right for you and discover the jobs that you want:
Ebio – the lifestyle recipe for career and business success!
Computers @ the Career Centre
Use our computers to:
• write your resumes and cover letters
• look for jobs
• research possible careers
• apply for a job on the CareerZone
Updated by Hope Abrahams on 21 January 2013.