Faculty of Law
Announcement 25 January 2017
A friendly reminder about the information sessions regarding registration for senior students to be held on the 30th and 31st January 2017 (see the registration schedule). Faculty advisors will give advice on registration directly after the session and sign the necessary documents if needed.
A previous notice indicated that attendance of the session is compulsory for all students. However, students who successfully registered online need not attend the session. Registration on the web is already open and guidelines in this regard will be set out in a separate document. You are encouraged to register online (we registered 250 first year students within 2 hours).
Students who did not register online yet, or who experience difficulties in this regard (especially those students who has to repeat 3 or more modules), should attend the applicable session and register on the 30th and 31st January 2017. All registrations must be finalised by Friday 3 February 2017. Note that no advice will be provided by the faculty and no forms will be signed as from Monday 6 February.
- Monday 30 January 2017 at 8:00: BA Law 2nd and 3rd year students
Monday 30 January 2017 at 11:00: LLB 2nd and 3rd year students
- Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 8:00: B Com Law 2nd and 3rd year students
- Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 11:00: LLB 4th year students
Wednesday 1 February: advice will be given at the Faculty. Please consult the notice boards for further details
Thursday 2nd February: NWU students who wish to change from non-law curricula to BA Law, B Com Law or LLB. Report to Mrs Alpha Marais in F5 G23
- Thursday 2nd February: students from other Universities who register for the first time at the NWU. Report to Prof Flip Schutte in F5 G27
- Thursday 2nd February: students from other NWU campuses. Report to Prof Flip Schutte in F5 G27
- Friday 3 February: student’s whose studies have been blocked report to Prof Flip Schutte in F5 G27
Monday 7 February: classes begin. No advice will be given at the Faculty. Only online registration and electronic student requests.