FACULTY OF EDUCATION SCIENCES
A leader in Teacher Education since 1919
Teacher Education in Potchefstroom has had a proud history since 1919, and the Faculty of Education Sciences is now the largest provider of contact and open distance learning in South Africa. That so many teachers choose to upgrade their professional qualifications with us, and that so many prospective students apply for entry to the BEd and our other programmes says something. We think it says something about…
- the quality of the work done in our programmes (grounded, professional, critical and academic);
- the attention paid to students by our staff (dedicated, caring, professional academics and administrators);
- the quality of student life and development offered by the Potchefstroom Campus itself (social, sport, integrated development and community outreach);
- the great reputation enjoyed by our students and graduate teachers who are commended to us by schools throughout the country.
The Faculty has done long standing research in human rights education in diversity, literacy theory practise, self-directed learning, and working environments.
The Faculty operates in the following schools:
- School of Natural Sciences and Technology for Education
- School of Human and Social Sciences for Education
- School of Education Studies