FACULTY OF ARTS
“In den Synode te Reddersburg, 1876, werd besloten… dat, behalve voor predikanten, ook personen voor litterarische graden aan de school kunnen bevorderd worden…”
These words of Prof. Dirk Postma called for the establishment of the Faculty of Arts. The Faculty started out small with only one “professor literatum”. Today the Faculty of Arts has more than 170 staff members and it offers diverse study option to students. Schools in the Faculty of Arts include the Schools of Music, Philosophy, Social and Government Studies, Languages, as well as a School of Communication Studies. There are also specific research entities that conduct research on current affairs in their respective fields of expertise.
Last update 30 January 2011 by Juan Steyn