Vision and Mission
Expand boundaries in and through education.
The mission statement of the Faculty includes the following:
• Transforming education scholarship through innovative praxis
• Facilitating, disseminating and evaluating expertise in an educational context and promoting critical discourse on education policies and practice
• Initiating and conducting socially responsible education research in diverse contexts
• Developing and delivering quality programmes for the teaching profession
• Collaborating with communities for social and educational change
• Inspiring professional educators to be agents for change
• Promoting lifelong learning
*As suggested by members present at the Extraordinary Faculty Board Meeting that took place 2 October 2014, for approval at the Faculty Board Meeting of February 2014.