STUDENT COUNSELLING SERVICES
1. Which courses and career opportunities are offered by the PUK?
Please contact the Admissions Office (018 299 2458) or Marketing and Communication (018 299 2762).
2. I do not know which course to follow!
Please contact Mrs Mùller (018 299 2893). She will arrange an appointment for you to take psychometric tests on a Tuesday or Thursday morning. This is followed by feedback and vocational guidance by a psychologist. If you are a student, it is free. Outsiders and school-going children pay a fee.
3. I want to follow a different course, what do I do?
If you know exactly which course you want to switch to, talk to the relevant school, department or faculty’s administrative manager or subject counsellor to find out whether you can be credited with any completed modules. They will also be able to advise you about the remainder of the process.
If you do not know which course you want to switch to, you are welcome to make an appointment with us for guidance.
4. I want to talk to someone about a personal problem, who is available?
Please contact us to arrange an appointment with Ms Marliaan Erasmus (018 299 2890) or Mrs Leonie Lubbe (018 299 2891).
5. I need more writing time in the examination, what must I do?
Visit our office (bring your medical evidence) or call us for an appointment.
6. I need guidance with study methods
Student Counselling Services offers work sessions on, among others, time management, motivation, concentration and study methods. Please contact us for an appointment.
7. Stress/Examination stress
There are focus groups or individual sessions which you can join for guidance pertaining to handling stress and stress management. Contact us for an appointment.