FACULTY OF ARTS
ATKV School for Creative Writing
Questions and answers
1. Are any of the writing courses offered by correspondence
Unfortunately not. There is however a demand for it, but we simply don't have enough staff.
2. Can one teach someone to write
No, learning someone to write, is not like teaching them to cycle or cook. To learn someone the art of writing actually means to bring that someone with writing talent in contact with his or her talent. Anyone can learn to edit their own work. The tools that a person can use rewriting their work, is discusses in courses and can be learned.
3. In what languages are the writing courses presented
The courses are mostly in Afrikaans, unless the majority of learners is English. At all of our courses, the course assignments can be in either Afrikaans or English.
4. Can course fees can be paid electronically
Yes. For account information, phone: +27 18299-1783.
5. Can I send you my manuscript to review
Yes, compare the information about the Writing Agency.
6. What does it cost the author to publish a book
If a recognized publisher accepts a manuscript for publication, it doesn't cost the author anything. in such cases the publishers publish the work on behalf of the writer.