FACULTY OF ARTS
ATKV School for Creative Writing
The nature of the ATKV Writing Agency
The Agency's goal is to provide a service to prospective authors. The aim is, more specifically, to provide a service at at least three levels:
1. To read and to comment on manuscripts from prospective authors, i.e. at set fees.
2. To assist writers of promising manuscripts in developing their work and to bring them in contact with publishers.
3. To present attendees of the courses offered by the School with follow-up services.
1. All manuscripts must be typed in 12 pt, 1½ spacing.
2. The Agency undertakes to read your submitted manuscriptat a set fee.
(For information on the fees, contact the Agency. Phone: +27 18 299 1782 / 3. Fax: +27 18 299 1562. E-mail: Kobie.VanAswegen@nwu.ac.za. Secretary: Kobie van Aswegen.)
3. The Agency undertakes to comment on manuscripts in the form of a written report.
4. Suggestions for improvement of the manuscripts will be made, where possible.
5. The reading of the manuscript does not include language editing.
6. The Agency does not guarantee that manuscripts, after reading, will be accepted by publishers for publication.
7. The Agency will return the manuscript within a reasonable time.
8. The Agency will reread improved manuscripts, and the costs will be negotiated with the author.