Alumni Awards Nomination Form - 2017 Alumni home
Deadline 8 May 2017
Nominate outstanding alumni
If you know of alumni who boast distinguished accomplishments or have made exemplary contributions to society, it is now your chance to nominate them for the NWU’s 2017 Alumni Awards of Excellence.
Three kinds of awards will be made:
- NWU Lifetime Achievement Award;
- NWU Alumni Awards of Excellence (7 categories namely Research, Education, Community Involvement, Business Leadership, Arts & Culture, Sport, Public Service);
- Young NWU Alumnus Award
Current members of the NWU’s Council, the executive committee of the Convocation, as well as the Institutional Management, may not be nominated for the awards.
1. NWU Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations are not invited for the Lifetime Achievement Award, as the members of the Executive Committee of the Convocation themselves will decide if they would like to make this award to one or more persons who have been nominated for an Alumni Award.
This award is only made on rare occasions, honouring candidates who have demonstrated exceptional and meritorious service to society and whose extraordinary lifetime achievements, personally and professionally, make them inspirational role models for the future.
2. NWU Alumni Award of Excellence
Nominations can be made in ONE of the following 7 categories:
Arts & Culture; Business Leadership; Community Involvement; Education; Research; Sport; Public Service
To qualify for this award, alumni must:
- have obtained a degree or a diploma from the NWU;
- have achieved distinguished personal and career accomplishments;
- have made exemplary contributions to society;
- have shown significant leadership in one or more of the above-mentioned areas; and
- demonstrated ongoing commitment to the NWU.
3. Young NWU Alumnus Award
Nominations for this award are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- They must have obtained a degree or a diploma from the NWU;
- Excelled early in their professional career and have shown potential for continued success;
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements;
- Attained increasingly responsible and/or senior positions within their organization, business or field of work;
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries or creative work through honors, awards and/or media attention;
- Serves as an outstanding young role model for current and future NWU students;
- Nominees must be 35 years old or younger.
THIS IS HOW IT’S DONE
Office-bearers of the NWU, alumni, permanent staff members, members of Council and the Board of Donors may submit nominations for an Alumni Award.
You must use the link to submit your nomination electronically to be received by us on or before 8 May 2017. The nomination form cannot be saved to be completed at a later stage.
The nominations will then be evaluated and the recipients will be announced during a gala alumni event on 6 October 2017.
Enquiries about the nomination process can be directed to Ms Izette Schouwstra at tel 018 285 2594 or firstname.lastname@example.org