The Centre for Environmental Management offers on-site training to both the public and private sectors.
The CEM is in the position to deliver any of the publically available courses on site. The CEM may furthermore also adapt any existing course to specific client requirements. The CEM may also be in a position to meet almost all requirements in Environmental Management and Safety and Health-related training.
Consider the benefits of On-site training:
- Convenience: For as few as twelve students, the CEM will send trainers to a venue of your choice.
- Flexibility: You may select any one of the suite of courses available for dedicated, in-house training, or the CEM will design a customised programme according to your specific training requirements.
- Value: On-site training is a cost-effective and customised alternative for your training needs. Maximise your training budget by eliminating costly logistical costs.
Examples of courses developed and tailor-made to customer requirements:
- The course "Safety, Health and Environmental Law" (CEM-02.7) was developed in response to an expressed requirement by Peninsula Beverages and Coca-Cola South Africa and satisfactorily presented during 2007.
- The course "Implementing Environmental Management Systems" (ISO 14001) (CEM-03.1) was adapted according to the requirements of Total SA and presented to their EMS implementation team for five consecutive years as part of EMS implementation in the organisation.
- The course "The Role of Management in Implementing, Maintaining and Improving Environmental Management Systems" (CEM-03.3.1a) was developed to sensitise management to the importance of its role in the implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems. The course has been presented to management teams of various organisations, including Anglo American Exploration Division and Anglo Coal.
- The course "Introduction to Safety, Health and Environmental Risk Assessment and Management, including a Practical Module" (CEM-05.2.1d) was adapted according to the expressed requirements of Xstrata Alloys to bring their risk assessments in line with internationally accepted practices. This course was successfully presented to various divisions of Xstrata Alloys.
The CEM is committed to ensure that on-site training delivery addresses customer needs and expectations. Prospective customers are requested to complete a questionnaire to ensure that course outcomes are aligned with customer expectations.
Contact us for a quotation:
Ms Wanda Hofmeyr
+27 (0)18 299 1590
+27 (0)18 299 4266
Please note the CEM website is available only in English