Academic Literacy and student support
The primary focus of the student learning and reading lab is to support and develop the reading skills and learning strategies of students with a view to enhance success in learning. The learning advisors from the reading centre will identify problems that students experience with:
- reading speed
- other study and reading problems.
Other services include:
- Development of study and reading skills of students to improve their chances of achieving academic success in their studies.
- One-on-one study assistance
- SI – Supplementary Instruction
- Profiling of students according to their reading and studying skills.
Testing to determine if a student is eligible for additional time during the writing of tests and exams.